- Search and filters should once again be retained when returning to or refreshing a page.
- The analytics dashboard now correctly shows the last date it was updated.
- The number of advanced search results is again being properly displayed.
- The option to remove a contact from New Message has been restored.
- Fixed an issue where nightly emails were continuing to be sent after a user is removed.
- Fixed an issue where a list of contacts would not always show all contacts in certain circumstances.
Huzzah's are in order! We've released our new mobile app! (Huzzah!) The mobile app has been completely re-designed from the ground up. Featuring an easy-to-navigate inbox and actionable notifications, this new app gives you the power of Signal Vine right in your pocket. Available for both iOS and Android!
Analytics are back, baby! We're happy to announce that analytics have been restored and are now updated weekly for all accounts. You analytics dashboard now includes a note on when it has been last updated. We continue to work towards updating daily.
Authenticating to the Signal Vine API no longer requires the message body to be included when computing the signature. Those are words, right?
The Phone Valid field is no longer able to be hidden. This field was never intended to be able to be hidden, so we've made this change to prevent unexpected behavior caused when hidden.
- Fixed an issue where - in very rare circumstances - a contact would stop appearing in the platform until the next time it was updated.
- Fixed an issue where some administrators were redirected to the message inbox when attempting to download a contact export.
- Fixed an issue where changing account settings could cause users to lose progress when drafting a new message.
- Fixed an issue where conversations would sometimes not be marked as read
Program administrators can now opt to automatically mark all messages a read when they’re moved to No Action Needed. You can find this in Programs - Settings.
We’ve added a few new options we hope will make things a little easier for everyone:
- Options to select all or select none for program and group filters.
- Option to more easily remove contacts from new bulk messages.
- Option to add all groups when inviting new users
- Conversations that have been responded to with the Virtual Advisor default response now correctly stay in the Action Needed folder.
- Fixed an issue where long group names could return an error when enabling autoresponders.
- Fixed an issue where the inbox could refresh and de-select the conversation being viewed.
You’ll now be redirected to log in if you try to go to a Signal Vine page and aren’t logged in yet. It’s the little things.
You can now right-click on rows within the Contact list to open in a new window, open in a new tab or copy the URL to the contact.
- Users can no longer submit a quick search that only contains spaces, you heathens.
- Fixed an issue where user permissions weren’t updating until the user’s next login.
- Fixed an issue where some users could message all contacts in a program when they have more restricted access.
- Fixed an issue where quick search didn’t always respect the program filter.
Account and program administrators can now view the full list of telephone numbers a program is using. This can be found under Programs > Phone Numbers.
- Fixed an issue where users who don’t have permission to import contacts could still see the import contacts navigation button.
- Fixed an issue where the save button could remain gray after changes to boolean fields.
- Fixed an issue where some administrators were unable to view Virtual Advisors in our classic interface.
- Fixed an issue where some Virtual Advisor settings could not be saved without making other changes.
- Fixed an issue where emoji would not correctly appear in Virtual Advisor default responses.
- Fixed an issue where the settings icon would not appear if the organization name was long.
- Fixed an issue where some unselected groups would show in a filter instead of selected options.
You can now change whether a phone is valid or not within the Signal Vine web app. We had initially seen this as a purely system field, but we’ve come to see that there are good reasons why you’d want to change it.
- Fixed an issue where some users did not get an option to “Send to current results” when filtering the contact list.
- Improve the quick search to better match people who have double names, familial names or other names that contain spaces.
- You can now set a float value to 0.00.
- Inbox folders once again look for new messages when the folder is empty.
- We’ve removed the extraneous button shown when SSO users log out.
- Groups once again no longer exist if there are no contacts in them.
- Conversations should more reliably be marked as read when you’ve read the newest message.
- We’ve made improvements to the speed of advanced search.
- Fixed an issue where messages couldn’t be edited if the message template name contained a space.
- Fixed an issue with how saved searches load when a user no longer has permission to access the fields used.
- Fixed an issue where the import history was showing the current user’s name for all imports instead of the name of who ran the import.
Despite the fun of seeing ridiculously long delivery windows that actually only take minutes, we’ve removed the delivery estimate when sending over toll-free when the estimate can’t be reliably determined.
- Fixed an issue where the emoji picker would flash when opened.
- Fixed an issue with the emoji picker when viewing on smaller screens and windows.
Program automation can now understand days of the week! You’ll be able to setup automation that goes out on specific days, such as every Tuesday at 9 a.m, or any day except for Saturdays and Sundays. We hope this will allow you to do more with automation and make what you’re doing now more manageable.
- Fixed an issue where autoresponders wouldn’t work properly if a group name included a comma
HTML links are now converted to clickable text when added to a read-only contact field.
- Fixed an issue where some autoresponders could not be turned off.
- Fixed an issue where counselors could see groups that don’t yet have contacts assigned to them.
- Fixed an issue where administrators could not switch accounts viewing an account’s setting.
- Fixed an issue where some users were unable to perform multiple exports of contact data.
- Fixed an issue where some users where not getting updated information when switching accounts.
We’ve added options to allow program administrators to manage Virtual Advisors assigned to their program. This is an optional change - Account Administrators can enable it per Virtual Advisor to meet your organization’s needs.
We’ve added a direct link to your message calendar in the tools navigation on the top right of the navigation bar. This will ensure you can get to your message calendar directly from any page in Signal Vine.
- The composer box no longer changes when a conversation’s read, action or flagged state changes.
- Updated advanced search options for sent messages to better match search options for the other inboxes.
- Fixed an issue where a program couldn’t be removed from a Virtual Advisor after being set.
We’ve adjusted quick search to eliminate similar results that are unexpected.
To help you better find which contacts need updated phone numbers, we’ve added a new option to download just unreachable contacts.
There is now a link to our Knowledge Base within the navigation bar. The Knowledge Base includes articles on best practices, how-to guides and technical topics such as using our API.
- Contacts will now update quicker when changes are saved.
- Fixed an issue where the option to select a pre-programmed response would appear while the automation is still being processed.
- Fixed the recipient count when using the ‘send to current results’ option.
- Fixed an issue where all saved advanced search filters could be removed when only one filter was selected.
We’ve made changes to ensure that contact imports are processed faster and eliminate potential bottlenecks during peak hours. You should see your imports run quickly and without additional delays.
- Fixed an issue where a Virtual Advisor couldn’t be enabled for Account Administrators using our Classic web application.
- Fixed an issue where merge fields would show the system name instead of the display name.
- There is no longer a “back to edit message” link on the successful message confirmation screen.
- Fixed an issue where an example phone number could briefly appear for a contact when the conversation doesn’t load immediately.
The phone_valid field can no longer be hidden. It was never our intent to allow this field to be hidden and hiding it can have unintended consequences when trying to compose messages.
We’ve added an easier option to log back in to Signal Vine after your session expires.
- Searching for full name in the quick search box now returns more reliable results
- Quick search once again correctly takes into account filter settings
- Fixed an issue where the option to upload media to a message didn’t work in Internet Explorer 11
- Fixed the display of the Send button when the message composer is minimized.
- Fixed an issue where the conversation pane would not appear within a Contact if the contact has not sent or received messages.
We’re making it easier to figure out who can and can’t receive text messages. All contact exports now include information about their phone carrier and whether it is a landline, voip or mobile number.
We’re also continuing to make improvements under the hood and expect that you’ll see noticeable improvements in speed and responsiveness. We want to make sure that Signal Vine responds to meet your needs as we continue to figure this pandemic out.
- Fixed an issue where the filter panel would disappear for some users
- Fixed an issue where users with multiple accounts didn’t have their sent box refresh correctly when switching accounts.
- Fixed an issue where the selected date range in advanced search would not persist if the user added new criteria without completing the previous criteria.
- The program name in the list of user permissions now correctly shows the display name instead of the system name.
- Contacts now show up as opted out immediately after changing Active to Inactive.
- Fixed a display issue with the message delivery date/time in Safari.
- Fixed an issue where the import job history wouldn’t display for some accounts.
We hope everyone has seen improvement since last month. We’re continuing to improve Signal Vine under the hood to help you message during this uncertain time. Let us know how we’re doing!
We’ve adjusted how conversations are marked as No Action Needed so that only conversations that have had an automated response sent will automatically be moved to No Action Needed. Autoresponders and other actions will no longer change conversation state.
We’ve removed the middle finger from the emoji picker. We regret the error.
We’ve added new icons to identify whether a message has a file or image attached.
- Removed the “does not contain” search option from fields that don’t support it.
- Fixed an issue where the Contact profile fields momentarily show the old values after being updated.
- Restored the failure message in event of a message being unable to be sent.
- Fixed an issue where the API Explorer wasn’t sending POST commands.
- Fixed an issue where sent messages weren’t appearing the Sent box.
- Fixed an issue where editing a message on the message calendar could clear out the recipient list.
- Fixed an issue where some counselors could no longer edit or delete messages they’ve created.
- Fixed an issue where the loading animation did not show when switching conversations.
- Fixed an issue where the Sent folder wasn’t filtered according to selected group filter.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong report could be sent when requesting the Contact Statistics report in the Analytics section.
We’ve made big changes under the hood to address delays in using Signal Vine. Let us know if they help!
You can now re-invite a user without having to delete and recreate their invitation.
- Fixed an issue where conversations didn’t scroll correctly in Firefox.
- Fixed an issue where merge fields weren’t being included correctly.
- Fixed an issue where an error message wasn’t showing if trying to create a contact that already exists.
- Fixed an issue where the message calendar wouldn’t display some media attachments.
- Removed edit button from message properties that can’t be edited
- Fixed an issue where deleting an attachment deleted all other attachments for a message.
- Restored success response when clicking the Export contact button.
Outgoing messages will now immediately appear in a conversation. We previously waited for a carrier response before showing it.
We’ve removed the limit on how many users can be added using the bulk invite tool.
Expanded the number of emoji and skin tones in the emoji picker.
- You can once again export contact reports from the Analytics tab.
- The My Profile section now loads correctly for all account administrators.
- The success message when scheduling a response to be sent in the future now shows correctly.
- Exporting contacts in large programs no longer results in a timeout.
- Scheduled messages will now appear in the conversation history for contacts that haven’t yet sent an incoming message.
- Eliminated an error when using the emoji picker within the message calendar.
- Resolved an issue where clicking to edit a message on the message calendar could clear out the body of the message.
- Fixed an issue that caused newly introduced Virtual Advisor questions to not appear for all users.
- Fixed display of the Send button when a conversation has selectable responses.
- Fixed an issue with sending images to contacts that aren’t part of a group.
- Fixed an issue where editing a contact form left the Save button gray.