Why Use A Campaign Field?
When you need to send an adhoc message to a group of students that cannot be adequately covered by your existing data, the Campaign field provides a solution.
Often, users create temporary group_lists for these one-off messages or campaigns. However, this approach can result in a long list of group_lists in the program drop-down menu and may even disrupt counselor access to specific group_list caseloads.
By utilizing a campaign message, you can send a message to a list of students who are not connected through other data fields in Signal Vine. This brings us to the importance of using a "campaign" String field. This field allows you to upload a contact list and send them timely, relevant information without interfering with their existing group_list placement.
Create a Custom "Campaign" Field Type
- Your first step is to create a "campaign" field because it is not automatically available in Signal Vine. To create a custom field, go to the Programs tab and select "Manage Fields."
- Click on the "Add Custom Field" button.
- Enter "campaign" as the Field Name and "campaign" as the Display Name.
- Choose "String" as the Field Type.
Import Your Campaign Data:
- Create a spreadsheet file with "customer_id" and "campaign" fields. Name your campaign something unique, such as the date, so it won't repeat in later campaigns.
- Save as a CSV file.
- In Signal Vine, go to the "Programs" tab.
- Select the appropriate Program.
- Navigate to the "Import Contacts" tab.
- Click on the "Import Contacts" button.
- Choose your CSV file.
- How do you want to handle the contacts in your file?
- Unselect "Import new contacts."
- Select "Update existing contacts."
- Select "Campaign."
- How do you want to handle errors?
- Select "Skip the contact and continue the import"
- Click on the "Start Import" button.
Send Your Campaign Message:
- Note that it may take anywhere from 15 – 90 minutes for your campaign data to sync in Signal Vine depending on the date / time of upload.
- Go to the "Contacts" tab.
- Select the relevant Program from the left side panel.
- Click on "advanced search" located under the search bar.
- Select "Add Criteria."
- Choose "campaign" as the attribute.
- Select "equals" as the operator.
- Type in your campaign title (the same header used in your CSV).
- Send or schedule your message for this campaign group.
Watch a Step-By-Step Video on Campaign Messages